Making bird feeders is a fun spring activity for kids that I look forward to doing with my girls every year.
Rosie and Jewel delight in watching the birds come to eat from feeders that they made themselves. Here is one easy way to make bird feeders with your kids this season.
- Toilet paper rolls
- Peanut butter
- Bird seed
- Spreading tools (we used butter knives)
- Give each child a toilet paper roll. Then, have them carefully cover it in peanut butter.
- My kids absolutely loved this and called it peanut-butter painting. Clever kids!
- Once covered have kids roll the toilet rolls in bird seed.
- That’s it! Once the feeder is covered in seed it is ready to be hung!